Skin detoxification is an essential part of your skincare routine if you want to wake up with fresh and glowing skin every day. Sometimes giving your skin a break from harsh chemicals is absolutely necessary, and best of all, our kitchen is full of magical ingredients that can transform your dull skin in moments.
From time to time our skin needs a detox to flush out all the toxins as daily pollution, exhaustion, sun exposure and junk food consumption all affect the health of our skin. With our busy schedules and limited time, we can hardly indulge in any self-care that will bring out beautiful, healthy and glowing skin, but you can find some gems in your kitchen and detox your skin with its amazing benefits.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Sonia Tekchandani, celebrity dermatologist and founder of Tender Skin International, revealed 6 kitchen ingredients that can detoxify your skin:
1. Lukewarm water and lemon – A good start to the day is a glass of lukewarm water with a few drops of lemon. The citric acid found in lemon aids in digestion and provides the body with a healthy dose of moisture. This vitamin C-enriched concoction is great for having clear and glowing skin.
2. Sea Salt and Honey – While we spend a lot of time cleaning and exfoliating our faces, our bodies also need the same kind of pampering. Sea salt is an excellent exfoliator as its small granules gently remove dead skin cells from the body, leaving skin smooth and supple. Add honey to moisturize and you’ll be amazed at the results.
3. Green Juices – We all know the many benefits of green vegetables. An easy and tasty way to consume healthy green vegetables is to make juice from them. It’s great for the skin as it helps detoxify the body from within and your skin becomes healthier. Make green juice from spinach, mint leaves, coriander leaves and a few drops of lemon. You can also add cumin seeds, which also help with digestion.
4. Coconut Oil and Olive Oil – Moisture is the key to healthy skin. Coconut oil and olive oil are both excellent nourishing oils that help moisturize and penetrate the skin. Massaging your body with these oils will stimulate circulation and give you a healthy glow.
5. Honey and Coffee Face Scrub – A face scrub once a week is crucial to get rid of all that dirt and grime. Take a tablespoon of coffee and mix it with honey and gently massage your face. Coffee helps strengthen collagen and unclog pores. Honey works as a great natural moisturizer.
6. A Homemade Face Pack – Using a face pack made from all-natural ingredients is a super effective way to detoxify the skin. Mix a tablespoon of chickpea flour with honey, a pinch of turmeric, a few drops of lemon juice and some rose water. This is an amazing face pack as it brightens the skin, deeply cleanses and leaves the skin soft and supple.
Arthi Raguram, founder of Deyga Organics, insisted on including kitchen ingredients in your skincare regimen to allow your skin to breathe fresh air and recommended:
1. Green Tea – One of the most popular beverages, green tea is an excellent detoxifier. Rich in antioxidants, green tea not only improves digestion but also removes all impurities from the body. From reducing acne and pimples to helping with bloating and swelling, green tea is extremely beneficial for the skin.
2. Fresh fruit juices – Fruits are loaded with essential nutrients, vitamins and enzymes that are great for skin detoxification. Oranges, guavas, and grapes are all vitamin C-enriched fruits, and consuming these fresh fruit juices is effective for the skin. Drink a glass of fruit juice with breakfast to see a visible improvement in your skin.
3. Turmeric and Honey Water – Turmeric has many medicinal benefits and has been used for its excellent properties for centuries. Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water mixed with turmeric and a teaspoon of honey. This magic potion is a great immunity booster and also works as a skin lightener. Make sure you have it on an empty stomach for best results.
4. Yoghurt and Chickpea Flour Scrub – Chickpea flour is a great natural cleanser. It is gentle on the skin and exfoliates the skin by removing dead skin cells. Yogurt contains lactic acid, which helps whiten skin and also aids in removing acne scars, tanning, etc. Mix one tablespoon of turmeric with one tablespoon of chickpea flour and use this method twice a week.
5. Almond Oil – Almond oil is extremely nourishing and deeply moisturizes the skin. Enriched with vitamin E, almond oil can be used on the lips, face and even the body. Massage your face with a few drops of almond oil, it will stimulate blood circulation and you will wake up with beautiful and soft skin.
6. Papaya- Papaya acts as a natural exfoliant for the skin as it is full of enzymes. The properties contained in papaya also help to lighten the skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes, suntans, etc. Mash a little papaya and add a few drops of lemon juice. Massage your skin with the paste and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
So if you are looking for the perfect ways to detox your skin, hunt down your kitchen and use these amazing ingredients for your skin.